Real-life heart eyes for all!
One of the great things about Snapchat is that it’s consistently being updated with cool new features, such as the ability to use more than one filter at a time.
The latest Snapchat update is the ability to use 3D stickers in videos, and although it takes a few tries to get the hang of it, once you do it’s so fun. (I’ve been adding 3D stickers to snap videos of my Game of Thrones Pop! Figures, and not surprisingly, a lot of them have been stickered with the ? emoji.)
1. Record a Snapchat video. Make sure the moving thing that you want the emoji to follow is in the frame at some point. Make sure it’s not moving too fast (the emoji might not be able to track it).
2. Click the sticker icon (it looks like a sticky note) at the top of the screen, and peruse the vast array of emojis, also known as stickers. Choose the one that you want.
3. Now this is the tricky part, and it might take you a few tries to get the hang of it. Pinch/zoom/rotate the sticker until it’s the size and orientation that you want it to be, and then place it on top of the moving thing that you want to sticker-ize.
4. Long press on the sticker and let go. You should see a gray background and a spinning circle while Snapchat does its magic sticker tracking. If you don’t see said circle, then you might not have pressed hard enough.
5. Voilà! 3D stickers! The stickers will move and also enlarge/shrink as is appropriate. As you can see with the heart on the left eye, the tracking isn’t exactly perfect (yet), but it’s still pretty cool to be incorporating emojis into real life (kinda).
6. You can add as many as you want, as I’ve so creatively demonstrated with my two heart eyes, hotdog nose, and crown.
And as a bonus, here’s one of Joffrey as we last saw him.