It’s that time of year again, the time when every shop that you walk into on your quest to buy gifts and get the hell out all have basically the same Christmas album blaring from every speaker. You could probably leave one shop, go into another and find yourself not having missed even a bar of Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree. We can’t deny, it’s just not Christmas without hearing the old number ones playing over and over, but we’d still like to hear something a little different. That’s why we’ve put together this list of alternative Christmas songs to clear the notes of All I Want for Christmas is You out of your ears.
12) White Winter Hymnal – Fleet Foxes
11) Merry Christmas – The Ramones
10) Just Like Christmas – Low
9) Alien For Christmas – Fountains of Wayne
8) Christmas Wrapping – The Waitresses
7) 2000 Miles – The Pretenders
6) Christmas Is Awesome – Reuben
5) Don’t Shoot Me Santa – The Killers
4) Christmas TV – Slow Club
3) Christmas Robot – The Retrobot
This one is arguably more annoying than any other Christmas song
2) Father Christmas – The Kinks
1) I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas – Gayla Peevey
Don’t we all?